escape escape

Not translated fully, and many features are broken. Pick-ups don't work, upgrades don't require money and only one gun actually works...

The Slaying of Sandy Hook The Slaying of Sandy Hook

I was really unsure about this game until the "Gun Control" option came up. It was really uncomfortable for both runs but the animation was well executed and likely added to the dark subject matter. It makes a point but would anyone who is against gun control really be convinced by it? Would anyone who is for gun control even want to play it?

Regardless, it's well made, if a bit slow and deserves a space on the site.

Make A Superhero Make A Superhero

It's funny that this game claims to be a refreshing change from the boring old superheroes, yet nearly every character part is a clone of an easily identifiable superhero... Barely a game, really belongs on a tablet that is used to entertain a child.

Bubblings Bubblings

I had a several problems with the game.

I gameplay was mediocre because of the unoriginal concept. The starting patterns were frequently unfavourable, (i.e. evenly mixed groups and checkered patterns), the result of which was running out of moves very quickly. Power-ups would not activate and be wasted if a block tied to them was clicked. Despite the possible strategic value, this was unusual for this type of game and felt out of place.

The start button claims there is an adventure, but there only "adventure" is a the normal sequence of numbers as you level up.

Graphics are good, but almost all of the assets are rasterized! They are simple shapes and could be kept unrastered, (and thus scalable), for most PC's. I'm sure the portability of this game influenced this decision but it looks ugly if you have to zoom in.

Finally, I don't know if it was a glitch but, once on level 5, I couldn't get the progress bar past 1%, (even at a score of 78,000)

Not terrible but it needs some tweaking to make it more fun.

Trade Outpost November Trade Outpost November

Fun game, played to completion and enjoyed it.

Discovered a glitch; If your cargo hold is full and you remove and then return any item, the last space in the cargo hold will disappear. Frustrating when trying to get the pack rat achievement!!! I also was able to accidently destroy some of the ship parts that automatically stack at the end of the cargo...

Fun quick game but that bug was a real pain in the ass.

Ludo Ludo

Game wouldn't work, (buttons on title screen were unclickable), in Chrome 25.0.1364.29 dev-m with Flash 11.5.31.137 on on x64 Win7.

Air Resistance Squad #5 Air Resistance Squad #5

Graphics and visual presentation are nice but the gameplay is severely lacking in substance/pacing. The audio is really grating and the prices are pretty damn high for such monotonous gameplay. Needs some work, (and a mute button, please).

YukonW responds:

Thanks for the review, and yes I understand the game isn't too greatly balanced, if I ever create another game like this, I sure as hell learned a lot from this game!

Naturyon Naturyon

Addictive as hell, but annoying as hell too.

First off, is this a remake? There is a game from 2006 with the same name and mechanics but different graphics.

The random alchemy may be an important gameplay mechanism but IT'S GODDAMN FRUSTRATING TO GET SCREWED OVER BY RANDOM REPEATEDLY. Then again, I did play repeatedly...

Curiously, the random fusion of blocks isn't really random at least when position is concerned. The resulting fused-blocks always appear in the lowest point and/or as far left as possible. This caused problems for me in that the bottom left corner would accumulate more than the other side. If the block spawned at the lowest point and randomly among glowing spaces at the same level, this could increase the number of possible approaches a player could employ.

Either way, it felt annoying that the eventual spawn location of the block was predictable while the type of block could be random.

Nice aesthetic, music needs more variety or mute button.

Ultimately, I think this should be shared on NG.

Valerien responds:

This game has been made a while ago while my programmer friend and I were just starting off. Although we didn't take much reference for this one, the gameplay is pretty classical so I don't doubt a similar project already exists.

We're working on much bigger projects right now so I must admit it is unlikely we'll change the core mechanics at that point, but we understand the randomness problem.

Math' birds Math' birds

Hate to be a harsh reviewer but this is not ready for NG. It's in french, it's an educational game for elementary students and the idea is a poorly implemented clone. Half of the time the the whole physics/mechanics of Angry Birds isn't even utilized. Bugs include the presence of four birds, despite the ability to utilize only three on each level.

I am sorry but, fundamentally, this really doesn't belong on Newgrounds.

VirtualLargeMaze - EP1004 VirtualLargeMaze - EP1004

Well I feel like I'm watching that Windows 95 screen saver again, except with more garish colours, less variation and in a smaller [permanently framed] window...

Lacks audio, options, playability. I hate to be harsh but this is not going to entertain most people. Improvements should be made to graphics, (framerate and less-blinding textures), controls (strafing would be an improvement but mouse control is a must), and sound should be added, (along with mute and volume options preferably).

This isn't a bad maze but, unfortunately, it isn't a good game.